Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Which One Is Stupid: Islam or the Muslims?


I don’t mean to be rude, but I am really rude at most times..and i dont usually write long blog entries like this one,.. so here it goes…

In regards to Muslim outbursts of rage in reference to Pope Benedict XVI’s controversial speech three years ago, that's fueling feud up to this day. i came across with it last night as i was watching this news trivia channel on cable. it makes me wonder whether these Mohammedans are either plain stupid or are just downright warmongers.

I even have a suspicion that they’re both. And not a few will agree. And I’m not even counting that my notions are mistaken. Why, I don’t even feel sorry about it!

Hmmm, I’m getting pretty confident that I really am rude!

(¡Oye, Pepe mi hombre! Cuidado: este tema y esa historieta o caricatura no están bien. Están controversial. ¡Podrías poner en peligro tu vida!)

Really? So it’s you again. Just chill out, compadre. I’m no bigshot, so this post will simply be ignored by Al-Qaeda — or their local Singapore counterpart nor the bacon-hatin', media hungry Jema'ah Islamiah Terrorist Fluke.

Naaah. Actually, I’m not betting on it (hehehe). But I assure you that they’d leave me alone (gulp?). Instead, I’d be hunted down by Protestant fanatics and WASPs in due time.

Heck, No doubt about it — I’M ABSITIVELY, POSOLUTELY RUDE!

Anyway, just shut the freak up for a while and leave this alone to me, ¿claro?

(Vale.)

That’s my boy! Just leave it to me, awright? I’m in good hands. I won’t even disclose that these kebab-smelling terrorist gangstas can reach me in … ooops!

Man, I feel quirky just by talking to this jabroni.

(¿Qué, ese?). Nothing. Anyway, allow me to continue this corniness…

The Pope just quoted 14th-century Byzantine Emperor Manuel II Palaiologos about the latter’s opinion on a particular Islamic philosophy. The Emperor’s statement could have had an obvious lack of deference towards Islam, but it’s certainly NOT from the Pope. Nevertheless, the Islamic community overlooked this glaring fact. And then, boom! goes the ever reliable dynamite.

Thereupon the plot thickens; all things Christian are now under attack from Islamic rage. And jihad could even be lurking in the corner (Oh, dear! Look at me: I’m shaking with fear!).

Phooey!!!

The Vatican since then has already released apology statements, saying that the Pope has inadvertently offended “the sensibility of Muslims.” But Islamic leaders throughout the world are into Depeche Mode these days: they just can’t get enough. They’ve been clamoring for a more sincere apology from the Pope, whatever that is.

But couldn’t they get it through their thick skulls that what they deemed “offensive” was just a quotation that’s not even from the Pope? Just read between the lines of the speech, good ol’ polygamists – there is not a single indication of any offensive remark against Islam. Maybe the Pope’s speech, which was read in his native language, didn’t translate too well with you. But that’s no longer Pope Benedict’s fault (a sincerely friendly advice: understand thoroughly first before you rant, will ya?).

It’s not sad but disheartening that the Muslim’s failed to understand a speech that could have certainly opened up more positive dialogues and constructive debates between Islamic and Christian beliefs. Or worse, the Muslim community didn’t want to understand.

Since I’m in a rude mood, let me be sharply frank that what happened in this controversy is that the ”offended” party (ugh!) got more sensibilities than sense. Pardon me, but I believe it’s the truth.

I believe that this controversial speech must be the moment that these “men who submitted to God’s will” have been waiting for all along. In my not-so-humble opinion (I’m rude, remember?), they’ve been waiting for a “Christian slip” all these years, and that papal speech delivered on September 12, 2006 was the exact moment they’ve been waiting for. Yes, they’ve been waiting for some scapegoat as justification for an imminent aggression towards the Vatican. Therefore, the world will not blame them if they’d declare an ultimate jihad against Christianity.

Now if they’d say that they’re not referring to the Byzantine quote but to the “subtle message” within the speech — that the message the Pope really wanted to convey is to actually discredit Islam’s methods of converting non-believers – then that will make them sound more stupider than I thought…

Ex-deputy Mahmoud Ashour of Al-Azhar Mosque in Cairo said that an apology from the Pope five days after his speech was insufficient. He added that the Pope should (AND I FREAKIN’ QUOTE THIS,.. Y’HEAR?) ”apologize because he insulted the beliefs of Islam.”

The weight of the papal speech is not only about the relationship among faith, reason, and universitas. It also tackles on the non-compulsion in religion. According to Sura 2, 256 of the Qur’an, “there is no compulsion in religion.” This reminded me of those Fox News broadcast journalists who were kidnapped years ago by Islamic militants who then converted them to the “religion of peace,” at gunpoint. No compulsion, eh?

¡Caramba! Is this what made you mad about the Pope’s speech, Mohammedans? That you think the Pope made sarcastic remarks about the way you convert “recruits” by disobeying your Qur’an for the sake of numbers? If that’s what it is all about, if that’s one Islamic belief that you think were disrespected by the Pope, then you guys are despicably unfair.

During my silly search for the true religion years ago, I almost converted to Islam. With what’s happening right now, I’m very happy and proud that I didn’t convert.

DISCLAIMER: Articles written by rude people should be taken lightly, especially by those who, by their actions, don’t mean to be RUDE but are just following their time-honored, non-compulsory beliefs according to what they believe is right.

As-Salamu `Alaykum wa Rahmatu Allah wa Barakatuh.

No comments:

Post a Comment