Saturday, March 6, 2010

Kiko’s First Year Death Anniversary


I watched Eat Bulaga earlier on-line until after Sa Pula, sa Puti. Then I put my laptop to sleep it off. But I fell asleep. Then I woke up around 2 past and turned my laptop on again. What do you know? before long, the number dedicated to Francis M began.. I cried when I saw Maxene shed a few tears. I cried when Vic Sotto couldn’t proceed with his spiel about Francis passing a year ago. I cried when Joey de Leon said “we miss you Kiko.”

Silly as it may sound, it seems Francis didn’t want me to miss the tribute to him. Maybe, he knows how much he was a part of my life for the past years, and how much he influenced me in all aspects of my own personal life..my passion for music and the arts. "Photography" in particular..yes people, he's my mentor. "the guy who taught me to tell my story thru my pictures." ..taught me my low-light techniques, the man who started the fire in me in photography. Thank you bro, i still miss you each passing day.

...may you rest in peace.



INXS:
Eat Bulaga didn’t milk Vic’s holding back of his tears by prolonging the close-up on him. It promptly put in a commercial break. Whoever decided to do that has my respect. I hate it when people in media exploit emotion-filled situations by prolonging such scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment